Click below for Calgary & area:
Wrong city? Click below for:
Good Times Calgary DJs - Upscale Music Services & So Much More!
GOOD TIMES CALGARY DISC JOCKEYS - CALGARY DJ's & MUSIC SERVICES FOR CALGARY WEDDINGS, DANCES & EVENTS
Good Times Disc Jockey Entertainment Services
Suite 121, 132-250 Shawville Blvd. SE
Calgary, AB T2Y-2Z7 (403) 862-GOOD
Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved
Images are watermarked Content is date recorded (1993,2013)
Welcome! When planning Calgary, Banff, Canmore or Kananaskis parties, weddings or any type of corporate event, one of the most important elements is the entertainment. A Calgary Disc Jockey or wedding entertainer can be one of the best ways to entertain your guests. The right Calgary DJ can really make your Calgary banquet, dance or wedding reception come alive! Calgary DJ's can provide entertainment that will keep your guests from leaving early and get them up and moving, dancing, mingling, and having fun.
Your event can be customized with music ranging from romantic ballads to big band and swing to high-energy dance music and everything in between! But more than just music, an elite DJ can also be an emcee that will entertain and can keep the evening running smoothly with formal announcements and introductions.
With state-of-the-art sound equipment and lighting effects for Calgary events, professional Good Times event DJs can truly be the life of the party. Your Disc Jockey can not only provide the entertainment but also make sure your event goes without a glitch to make your event one that will be remembered for years to come.
A professional Calgary wedding disc jockey is responsible for creating the right mood while keeping everything organized for your reception, and sometimes even your ceremony. Here are a few tips to insure you will have a smooth wedding day or corporate event:
- 1) If you know you have a conservative audience and would like an entertainer to motivate them or you have a lively group and want an outgoing disc jockey that interacts with your audience, make sure that you book an interactive DJ or go with an interactive DJ company and let your intentions be known. You should provide some basic information to your entertainer & ask what type of activities or dances your disc jockey or entertainer has in mind. Many disc jockeys simply play music, make announcements and keep things organized and that is OK, unless you are looking for more of a personality. There are exceptional disc jockeys that have acting/improv or musical backgrounds and have a knack for audience participation. These disc jockeys typically cost more, but if you need more than music, do your homework and hire someone you feel confident with.
- 2) Seat older family or guests that may be sensitive about the sound furthest from the loudspeakers. Although a professional disc jockey will monitor the sound for reasonable noise levels, it is important that you know where the speakers will be placed since inevitably the noise level will be louder as you get closer to each speaker. It is recommended that DJs raise the speakers above table level to get more sound coverage and avoid “in your face” sound which can often make it difficult to have a conversation.
- 3) Place the disc jockey in a location that is not obstructed.. Disc jockeys will often be an emcee or interact with your guests, which means he/she needs to have a clear view of you and your guests to do an efficient job. If you place them in a room away from your guests or in a corner with an obstructed view, it will make entertaining and coordinating your event difficult.
- 4) Avoid placing guests behind loudspeakers or between the loudspeakers and the dancefloor. If you are concerned with guests hearing clear announcements and enjoying the music, it is best to have guests seated in front of the speakers but not between the speaker and dancefloor since that area can become uncomfortable during dancing. If your guests are seated behind the speakers, they will probably hear too much bass and may not hear announcements clearly.
- 5) Consider appropriate sound systems for large rooms, multiple rooms or guests seated behind loudspeakers. It may be best to have four speakers (or more) if you have an unusual room situation . A professional Calgary disc jockey service will make recommendations. Always get a few different opinions since some DJ companies simply do not have proper sound systems for different sized events, while others may sacrifice sound quality to save money. It is important that you and your guests can hear announcements and the music clearly and comfortably.
- 6) Always return timeline information, event planners and song lists (must plays or don’t plays) a number of weeks prior to your event date. This gives your disc jockey enough time to finalize with you and make arrangements regarding speciality music or AVLA restricted songs or artists.
- 7) Discuss cocktail and dinner music ahead of time. Many Calgary disc jockeys consider cocktails and dinner a “throw-away” time, which is not a clear way of thinking. Cocktail and dinner time may be the perfect time to work in those non-dance favorites or play music for your older guests that may leave early. There are creative disc jockeys that can turn dinner into a memorable experience, so be sure to talk about cocktails and dinner ideas.
- 8) Hire & properly book your disc jockey so that he is set-up and ready to go before your guests arrive, even if you are hiring a band or solo musician (eg. pianist) for cocktails/dinner or do not need the DJ until later. If you hire the disc jockey to play two hours into your event and the normal set-up time is one hour before the contracted time, you will have your disc jockey rolling in during your cocktail or dinner time, which takes away from the atmosphere and inconveniences your guests. Your disc jockey also serves as a “back-up” plan if your musicians show up late or they need breaks.
- 9) Follow your instincts and don’t be fooled. If your “gut” tells you not to book with a disc jockey because you have doubts or a bad feeling, follow your instincts. The most popular Calgary, Banff, Canmore & Kananaskis disc jockeys and wedding DJ companies tend to be more expensive, so if someone seems well below average, there is probably a reason for it. Do your homework and remember that surveys show that 80% of a party’s success usually falls in the lap of your entertainer. It is a big responsibility, so choose wisely and follow your heart.
Good Times Disc Jockey and Entertainment Services and Great Times Event Productions has many talented DJ's and entertainers in Calgary, Banff, Canmore & Winnipeg playing a diverse repertoire of music from Swing & Oldies to Country, Disco, Retro, Dance, Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, Top 40 and everything else inbetween. We satisfy thousands of people each year and our professional entertainment style and growing referral list year after proves it!
Thank you for your interest in the Calgary office of Good Times Disc Jockey & Entertainment Services!
2013 is our 20th of business and we are proud to say that we have entertained for approximately 1,119,265 people in the Calgary area since 1993. (That is over one million satisfied clients and guests!)
An A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau, "Members In Good Standing" with the Canadian Professional Disc Jockey Association & the Bridal Network, Good Times DJ Entertainment is a professionally run, full-time music, entertainment & event planning company.
We love what we do & our professional reputation proves it!
Do We Have Availability For Your Date? Check Here:
Fall Wedding Sale!
Save $200 off any 2013 wedding DJ package! Click here to visit our 'Weddings' section & click on 'Packages & Prices'.
(For a limited time only. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.)